I specialize in psychotherapy for adults and couples. Please read below about some of the issues for which I am most frequently consulted, in my Center City based clinical private practice.
Are you looking for help with:
- Making life changes in order to identify and reach your highest potential in a part of your life?
- Managing stress or an emotional state such as anxiety, depression or anger?
- Resolving a difficult conflict or specific personal problem?
- Identifying and pursuing your unique passions ?
- Determining or navigating career change?
- Changing a stress filled life to one of joy, meaning and purpose?
- Getting to the root of difficult core issues that are holding you back from having the life you desire?
Or help with your relationship situation; either individually as a couple, or both with:
- Resolving communication, sexual, financial, parenting , family, jealousy, infidelity and reconciliation (after a breakup) issues?
- Effectively handling conflict in your marriage or love relationship?
- Deciding if your marriage or love relationship is viable or needs to end?
- Transitioning through a divorce, separation or breakup?
- Beginning a new relationship?
I am a psychologist, with a 40 year boutique psychotherapy practice, here to help you—as an individual or couple– resolve your most daunting personal and relationship issues. We’ll work together to create and master the strategies you need to achieve long-term, life changing results in the shortest time possible.
Below are some of the situations I am best known for helping my clients — both as individuals and couples — to resolve:
- Determining whether a distressed marriage or love relationship is viable—that is whether to stay together or explore other options—and then move forward either way.
- Removing the obstacles that block the natural and organic path to your highest potential—aka the life you were born to live— in the areas that you are most committed to working on, such as your career, relationships, spirituality, sexuality, self-concept, parenting skills.
- Resolving difficult or chronic relationship/marital conflicts; such as communication, financial, parenting , family, jealousy, infidelity and reconciliation (after a breakup) issues.
- Relationship transitions—strategies for working through the emotional and practical issues related to a divorce, separation or a breakup.
- Evaluating sexual issues and treating sexual dysfunctions.
- The treatment and management of emotional states such as anxiety, depression, grief, anger and stress related disorders.
- Maximizing life satisfaction by identifying sources of passion, purpose and connection; Goal setting; making important life decisions and/ or life changes. Click here for additional information about life direction coaching.
In addition to helping you make life changes and resolve problems, I believe that an important part of treatment is to master the use of whatever strategies and tools you will need, if even your most daunting personal issues or difficult relationship problems should ever again challenge you in the future.
My main therapeutic orientation, whether working with you as a couple or individually, is an eclectic blend of cognitive behavioral therapy, REBT and mindfulness techniques that are tailored to your unique circumstances. Generally speaking, I believe in treatment that most directly and comprehensively addresses your issues and provides you long-term results, along with the insight to both understand and resolve your issues in the shortest time possible. For almost 40 years, I have treated thousands of adults and couples with this type of goal directed, results oriented approach.
My private psychotherapy practice is located in Center City Philadelphia. In addition, I do both office and telephone or Skype coaching sessions with executives and other high achievers, as well as people from all around the world — who have read my books and/or experienced my audio programs or online course— that would like to supplement and enhance the work they have done on their own, or who can use some help in breaking through an impasse.
Center City Philadelphia Offices are located at:
- Medical Tower Building, 255 South 17th Street, Suite 2900, Philadelphia, PA 19103; Phone: 215-545-7000. (This is primarily our business office.)
- Academy House, 1420 Locust Street, Suite 7G, Philadelphia, PA 19102; Phone: 215-985-1132. (This is the office where I meet with my private clients.)
Most health insurance plans provide out of network reimbursement for sessions with a licensed psychologist. At each session, you are given a receipt with the information necessary (such as a diagnosis and procedure code) for reimbursement. In addition; Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted for payment. Please call my office at 215-545-7000 or email me at MB@MichaelBroder.com directly for fees and other information, if you would like to discuss therapy, have any questions or to make an appointment.
In a survey conducted by Philadelphia Magazine of psychologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals–a total of over 4,000 in the tri-state region of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware—Dr. Michael Broder was named one of the top and most universally respected couples and individual psychotherapists.